Opera Browser for PC: A browser is a foremost requirement for online surfing. It is the pre-requisite that any desktop users need for web browsing. A desktop wouldn’t be complete without Opera Browser for Windows PC/Mac PC. Opera is the best web browser and is also considered to be the secured web browser. Opera is a free browser that is fast, rich in features and innovative. It was far behind Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer regarding numbers of users. However, Opera is equal of its competitors, and it offers a browser that is always at the forefront of technology. To ensure secure browsing at any stage on your desktop, Download Opera Browser for PC Windows/Mac. Take advantage of today’s web by Opera as it is the fastest web browser available and it offers more features than any other browser.
Get to know more about Opera Browser for PC. Opera Mini is a multi-platform application and is available for Opera Mini For Windows PC, Opera Mini Apk For Android, Opera Mini For Mac PC, Opera Mini For iOS, Opera Mini Web Browser for iPhones, Opera Mini for iPad, Opera Mini for Windows Phone, Opera Max for PC Windows and Mac, Opera Max For Android Mobile, Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac, Opera Browser Apk for Android, Opera Browser for iOS, Opera Browser for Windows Phone.
Opera is an Internet browser, and it is built in with a lot of tools to have a safe and comfortable browsing session. It has a slick interface that embraces a modern, minimalist look, coupled with stacks of tools to make browsing more enjoyable. Opera Browser is a cross-platform application and is available as Opera Browser Beta Apk for Android, Opera Browser Beta for iOS, Opera Browser Beta for Windows Phone, and Opera Browser Beta for Windows PC/Mac PC.
History of Opera Browser
The Opera Software developed Opera Browser. It uses the Blink layout engine whereas the earlier version used the Presto layout engine and is still available which runs on FreeBSD systems. Opera began in 1994 as a research project at Telenor, a largest Norwegian telecommunications company. In 1995, it had branched out into a separate company named as Opera Software ASA. Opera browser was first released publicly in the year 1996 with version 2.0, which only ran on Microsoft Windows. In an attempt to capitalise on the emerging market for the Internet-connected handheld devices, a project to port Opera to mobile device platforms was started in 1998. Opera Browser includes versions starting from 2.0 to version 4.0, 5.0, 8.5, 9.1, 9.5, 10.10, 10.50, 12, and 15.0. Lately, in January 2017, the source code of for Opera 12.15 was leaked. It is the last version that was still based on Presto layout engine.
Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac – An Overview
Opera Browser is a free web browser that is fast, rich in features and is innovative in nature. The slick interface of the browser includes tools such as Speed Dial, and Bookmarks pages are available when you launch the browser, and it offers you with easy access to the sites they use the most and those you have added to your favourites. Opera Turbo mode compresses the pages to give you quicker navigation although when you have a bad connection. At startup, Opera App also offers a Discover page so you can always keep an eye on the news. It displays the news by the topic and with which you can choose the country and the language. Extensions are downloadable from the store, and it even lets you install Google Chrome extensions from the Chrome Store. Opera has a special type of add-ons that open in the sidebar.
Opera Browser Download for PC includes a download manager, history, a private browsing mode so you can navigate without leaving a trace, and it is the first major PC browser to include a built-in VPN allowing you browse safely and securely. It also permits you to install extensions to customise your surfing experience. While the catalogue is much smaller than that provided by competing browsers, you will find versions of Adblock Plus, Feedly, Pinterest, Evernote Clearly, etc. for Opera. The Opera address bar is sturdy and allows you to perform searches on multiple search engines at the same time while benefiting from the suggestions for websites that gradually appear as you type. Keyboard shortcuts in Opera are very similar to those used by other web browsers, so it is easy to navigate very conveniently. Opera Browser for Mac is customizable with themes so you can add your personal touch.
Features of Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac
Safer & Private Browser
Opera Browser for Windows keeps your browsing safe, such that you can stay focused on the content. The browser is secure, and it protects you from fraud and malware on the web. Try out the unlimited and free VPN feature to experience better privacy on the web.
- Free, Unlimited, & No Subscription Required: Enhanced your online privacy should be available to everyone. The free VPN is built right into the Opera browser. You don’t want to download VPN extensions or sign up and pay for any VPN services.
- Reduces Online Tracking: With the free VPN turned on, Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac will replace your IP address with a virtual IP address, so it’s harder for sites to track your location and identify your computer. Also, it will block many tracking cookies.
- Shields Your Browsing in Public Networks: Surf on the public Wi-Fi in Airports, cafés, event venues using the Opera Browser’s VPN feature as it shields your activity from being sniffed by other users on these networks.
Chat & Browse at the Same Time
Keep all messages at hand with Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp built into the browser if you are tired of switching between tabs while browsing and chatting with your friends.
- Messengers in Sidebar: Full web versions of the Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp are now nested in your sidebar to the left of the browser, and thus providing easy access to your ongoing chats while browsing the internet.
- Pin Your Chats: Keep all your messengers at hand by pinning them with the ‘pin‘ icon. Carry on your chatting while browsing the web.
- Never Miss a Message: Whenever a new message arrives, you will get a notification directly in the browser. You can also mute or log out of the messenger at any time from the three-dotted menu button above.
Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac is for those who are tired of online ads. Opera is the first major browser that could block ads for you without add-ons.
- No Add-ons Required: Opera’s ad blocker is built right into the browser. No installation and setup required, just turn on ad blocking in the browser settings. Not all the ads are evil, and so you can easily unblock ads on any website whenever you want.
- Load Pages Much Faster: The ad blocker “catches” ads as early as possible, right in the engine, when you first request a web page. It all happens “under the hood”, so all you will see is how much faster web pages load. According to tests, the built-in ad blocker makes content-rich web pages load in Opera up to 90 percent faster. It is also noticeably faster than the Opera browser combined with other ad-blocking extensions.
- Test & Monitor: For any specific page, you can run a speed benchmark and check how much quicker Opera web browser loads with ad blocking on and how many ads were blocked. Also, take a screenshot of the test and share it.
Multitasking on the Web
The visual bookmarks, tab cycling, and the customizable shortcuts will keep you on track and save you time. Works best whenever you don’t get enough online video. With Opera Browser for Mac, you would never miss the new video pop out feature. It is a floating and movable video frame that lets you keep browsing or work in other apps without losing any of the action.
- Bookmark Manager with Page Previews: Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac offers visual bookmarks, which you don’t get in other browsers. All your favourite sites appear in a gallery with the customizable page thumbnails. Depending on how many sites you have bookmarked, you could switch between large thumbnails, small thumbnails and a list view in the bookmark manager.
- Smooth Transition: When you are switching to Opera from another browser, you could automatically import bookmarks. So, don’t worry about losing your favourite sites as the transition will be a breeze.
- Organise & Manage Bookmarks: When you add a bookmark, pick a thumbnail that makes it easier to spot the page you need. Place your Opera bookmarks in the folders and subfolders and see the structure in a classic tree view. You can also add the most important bookmarks to the bookmarks bar for even quicker access.
Browse Faster & Longer
Opera’s speed and performance are among the top priorities. The data-compressing Opera Turbo feature and native ad blocker features would help you browse faster. And, the new battery saver feature would help you browse longer as it extends laptop battery life by up to 50 percent.
- Browse An Hour Longer: According to the tests, the Opera browser will run up to 35 percent longer with the battery saver on, compared to other browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Depending on your laptop model, this may give you an extra hour of browsing away from a power outlet.
- Opera Turbo: Stay fast even on the slow networks for example, in a crowded café. However, Opera can still deliver you fast browsing. Turn on the Opera Turbo mode to load pages more quickly, get more articles, photos, videos and keep up with the latest memes.
- Opera Speed Dial: Access to your favourite sites easier and quicker than ever now with the Opera’s Speed Dial. Just add their thumbnails to the Opera browser’s start page and organise them how you prefer.
- Block Ads: Ads don’t only distract us from what’s relevant, but they can also slow us down. Opera browser added a native ad blocker. Turn it on to load web pages up to 90 percent faster. It’s quicker than Opera when combined with ad blocking extensions.
With a currency converter built right into the browser, Opera helps you shop online around the world without any extra cost on your credit card bill.
- Free Currency Conversion: Shop at online stores from around the world as Opera’s built-in currency converter supports 32 currencies with rates updated daily based on the values from the European Central Bank.
- Built into the Browser: You don’t need to do anything to get the currency converter working as it’s already there in the latest version of Opera for computers. Your computer does all the calculations, so your privacy is always protected.
- Select & Convert: Select any price and Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac will automatically show the converted amount in your local currency. You could easily change your base currency in the browser settings.
Get Opera browser with a news reader built right into the start page. Add the sources you prefer and personalise all your news feed to read what is most relevant.
- Personal News Feed: Opera web browser brings the latest news to one spot, available from the browser’s start page. Personalise your news feed to read what is most relevant to you and add preferred news sources from all over the world, in addition to that of the top 50 articles from your region.
- Easy Access & Convenient To Read: Access your news feed straight from Opera’s start page. Choose between the two view modes: In timeline view, you could see an estimated reading time for articles coming from sources in the Opera catalogue; alternatively, you could switch to a more magazine-like format.
- Add RSS Feeds: One of the most attractive features in Opera browser is to add an RSS reader. Opera’s news reader now supports RSS feeds. To add an RSS feed, click on “Add sources” and paste the URL into the search field.
Personalise Your Browser
With over 1,000 extensions customising Opera is made easy. Download the extensions and themes you desire from the Opera’s add-ons catalogue to get the best browser experience with a personal touch. With the animated themes, you could even bring Opera’s start page to life.
- Choose a Browser Theme: An easy way to bring more of your style into Opera Browser is by changing the browser theme. Choose one of the themes from our catalogue, or upload your image: nature or city views, shiny sports cars, sharp graphics, or fluffy cats – you name it.
- Customise Keyboard Shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts could replace most of the pointing and clicking you do in the Opera browser, helping you make your way through the web even faster. You could customise Opera by setting your key combinations for almost any browser action.
Take Browser Data With You: Switch between the devices and pick up browsing where you left off with the Opera sync feature. Bookmarks, open tabs, and other data would stay synced through your Opera account. Try out the portable version if you want to keep Opera with all its settings handy on a USB drive.
Download Opera Mini For Other Devices
You can also Download Opera Mini App For Other Devices,
- Opera Mini For Windows PC
- Opera Mini Apk For Android
- Opera Mini For Mac PC
- Opera Mini For iOS
- Opera Mini Web Browser for iPhones
- Opera Mini for iPad
- Opera Mini for Windows Phone
- Opera Max for PC Windows and Mac
- Opera Max For Android Mobile
- Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac
- Opera Browser Apk for Android
- Opera Browser for iOS
- Opera Browser for Windows Phone
Download Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac
Download Opera Browser for Windows PC
Click on the link below to download Opera Browser for Windows PC
Download Opera Browser for Mac PC
Click on the link below to download Opera Browser for Mac PC
Screenshots of Opera Browser for PC Windows and Mac
Thank you for reading the post. For any queries about Opera Browser for Windows PC/Mac PC Free Download, please comment us below.